Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

State of the Union

Even as I type tonight, the President of the USA is giving what we know to be the "State of the Union' address. It is self defined and we trust that his words bring hope to this country and to the world.

There is a strong understanding in the Scriptures about our unity, or union, if you will. "My command is that you love one another." John 13..."By this will all men know that you are my disciples..."

What is the state of our union? On the wave of the election of our next General and the evidence of leaders in one accord, can we celebrate with confidence of our unity? The test as the Lord gave the world is that they would know of our love and faithfulness toward each other as a result. How are we doing?

John 17:20-22 (NIV)
20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:"

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

I wonder if there is room for diversity of thought, opinion and methods while still having unity.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

With the unity based upon love, I can only imagine the answer should be yes.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home