Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hotel Hostage

This is a common term in our house. It describes the sense one gets when you travel to another city and find yourself stuck in the hotel. Often this has happened at conferences or special meetings. No matter how far you've traveled or how exotic the location, all you see is the ride from the airport and the ride back. On some of these trips, you might as well have gone to a remote, uninteresting location (notice my reluctance to be specific here) where there's not much to do anyway.

I am grateful for friends who dropped by today to take me out for fellowship and food. On that basis, I have no complaint. I am fortunate and God takes care of us just when we need it and, of course, when we don't know we need it. He knows our needs before we ask and showers love upon us in different and always effective ways. I love Him.

Matthew 20:28 (MSG)
28 "That is what the Son of Man has done: He came to serve, not be served—and then to give away his life in exchange for the many who are held hostage."

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

What a coincidence, this evening I went out with the Ditmer family for some great fellowship and food. God is Good and he has PERFECT timing!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Kapten Clark said...

Have you ever heard the Randy Stonehill song "Ramada Inn"? :-)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

It is even worse when you are an airport hostage and all of the hotels are booked...

It happened to me a few years ago. Sleeping on a bench in a strange city where you know basically no one is not fun.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

So this has happened to a few people I know. Do you suppose it's something we've had to experience for our personal growth?

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home