Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Planning

I love to look forward and consider how God is moving among us. I'm one who does best if there is an idea about where things are going and what we're trying to do. Give me a point to aim at and I'll head there with purpose and intensity.

When the direction is clouded or uncertain, I work hard to to clear the air, check the compass and take a step. It makes me laugh to even admit it here.

By definition, faith requires action on the basis of trust and not certainty. I like that too. The trust I have in God gives my heart a certainty enough to act, or take a step. The risk of it all is interesting to me.

So what's your plan? What are you working on? Does it require faith? Does it include God? He has a plan for you...it involves love...and faith...and excitement...and more.

Isaiah 14:26 (MSG)
26 "This is the plan, planned for the whole earth, And this is the hand that will do it, reaching into every nation."

7 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

You have just echoed something one of my friends has blogged about. Finding God's plans in the mess of things around us is unbelievably lovely. Not finding it and being more aware of his presence in the confusion, knowing He is in control, to me, is even more beautiful.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Eleanor Burne-Jones said...

I guess often we don't see a plan, just a mess. We have to accept the mystery of it all. Sometimes stillness and trust are a cool place to be, but it's hard when things are unclear. Ps 131 sings to me. "My heart is not proud, O Lord, my eyes are not haughty. I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have stilled and quietened my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, put your hope in the Lord both now and for evermore."

1:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I am a planner/organizer type. I have to have all my ducks in a row arranged by height and color. I like to have a clear path and direction. Yet in recent months I have truly discovered that when the path wasn't so clear, that is when I learned to not rely on Karen, but rely on God. I learned that by putting my trust in Him, He really will guide you. So if it takes a few clouds and uncertainty to rely on Him more often, then let the fog roll in.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Soulpadre said...

I am hearing you loudly and clearly. We have all just got to make time to "sharpen the saw." Plan the work, and then work the plan. It is beautiful to see some of one's plans come together, to the glory of God. Relating to Karen's comment, I just wrote an endorsement for Danielle Strickland Court's new book, entitled Chaotic Order. Bringing order out of chaos requires some level of comfort within chaotic situations. A level of balance within one's own soul is needed. George Fox wrote "Be still and cool in the mind;" a needed skill in planning.
We planners must also resist the temptation toward blame-shifting.
I have taken on a new saying: S-O-C-K-S. An acronym of sorts from Spanish: "It is what it is."

12:54 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Thank you each for ministering to us.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am taken aback by the sudden promotion of a very junior Major to full Colonel by skipping the rank of Lt.Colonel and posted as Territorial Commander, Sri Lanka. This kind of practice is very very bad for the Army. Nepotism in the IHQ now overpower the official decorum. Bad bad bad.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

General John Larsson,
Please tell me whether there is a provision for giving promotion out of turn by skipping one rank. If you love the Army, don't violate our traditions that will be detrimental for the Army.
Your Sincerely,
An Officer

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home