Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Let it snow

If it's going to snow, let it come and give everyone (but the snow removal teams), a day off. Let the kids play. Make a snowman. Put a log on the fire. Watch an old black and white movie on TV. Break out a couple of table games for the family. Read a book. Shovel the sidewalk. Shovel the neighbor's sidewalk. Have a pleasant snow ball fight. Get out the sleds and the toboggans. Read your Bible. Take extra time to pray. Call someone on the phone you haven't spoken to in a while. Read a blog or two. Write a blog or two. Sort out your sock drawer. Organize your photos into albums. Have a cup of hot chocolate. Make some grilled cheese sandwiches and serve them with tomato soup.

There's plenty to do...There's plenty you don't have to do. Just enjoy the day and the people around you. I think it will delight the Lord.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV)
1 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"

5 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

We are stuck inside today in SE Connecticut. We will watch lots of movies and spend good quality time together as a family.

Only 4 more days until Spring Training!

10:43 AM  
Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

I was just thinking about making grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup!It is the perfect day for it! Then I read your blog! It's a sign...:)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Dave C said...

It's been pretty brutal in southern New Hampshire. We have about 14" already and more coming! The snowblower is calling my name, but for now it will be blogging. :o)

In His Grip,
Dave

1:15 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Ah, what a great day. 23 inches out in my back yard. Cleaning the snow always helps me in a strange way to commune with God. I guess it has something to do with the snow reminding me of how pure the love of God is for me.

I LOVE WINTER!!!

I will skip the grilled cheese. I am on a low fat diet.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to ruin your winter party, but actually there is no snow in sight down here in S.C. It rained yesterday and I did succumb to making chili!!!! Real good. All of you snow birds be careful and do stay home and take no chances on the road...love and prayers to you.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home