Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Largest Corps in the World

The Nairobi Central Corps has 4,000 soldiers and 300 Local Officers. On the Sunday we were there, I imagine there were 4,000 or so in attendance. It was a wonderful experience. I was invited to give my testimony and greet the comrades as the Principal of the East Africa Brengle Institute. It was an honor to represent my Lord that morning.

The Spirit was moving in that place as it was conducted in Swahili and charged with the precious worship of holy people in love with God. Approximately 65 people knelt at the Mercy Seat that morning. As I go to my own home corps today, I will be praying for Major Patrick Mutali and his team for their ministry today.

While this was a thrill for me, you should know what they know: God isn't as interested in a church full of people as He is a people full of His Spirit.

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, [10] and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority."
Col. 2:9-10 (NIV)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so amazing to hear about things like this. It makes us realize that The Salvation Army is really huge dispite what some people think. That must have been an amazing experience and I am very happy to know you so that I could hear about this from someone who i know and admire.

Brianne

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Thanks, friends. It was a beautiful moment. God is at work in this amazing Salvation Army.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim:

Good to know you are back safe. Sorry I did not get to look at your "blog" on a more current basis. Good to read that you had a great experience at Brengle. As I read the article I was reminded of my privilege in conducting "Brengle"
Now planning to lead the mission team of 10 retired Eastern Officers to Thika Joytown School for Physically Handicapped.

Ben

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home