Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Open Air

The last Open Air I attended was only a few weeks ago in Nairobi, Kenya. The photo depicts the joy of heaven in that three of God's creation are accepting the love of God towards their salvation. Notice the corps officer, Major Patrick Mutali praying alongside these seekers. Praise the Lord!

Should you wonder what exactly I'm doing, I'm attempting to invite those in the crowd to come to Jesus as well.

Some think Open Airs are history in TSA. I don't, and they're not. Let's take the message to the people wherever they are and in whatever circumstances that will advance the Kingdom of God. I believe we shall win if we love in the strength of the King.

"But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love." 1 Cor 13:13 (Msg)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Some think Open Airs are history in TSA. I don't, and they're not."

I think it's in the definition of "Open Air" where the Army is changing. Getting out and going to the people should never be a thing of the past, but I think "open airs" can take on many forms these days. In some places the "traditional" Open Air concept works (praise God.) Other places that isn't as effective as say a Block Party or setting up a booth at a fair, festival, or on a parade route.

I don't think that Open Airs can become history- reaching people can never become outdated.

~Karen~

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Thanks, Karen. Let's practise what we preach...

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home