Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Barbecue Bible

I'm not sure if I got that right...or should it be Bible barbecue? Whatever...it's a wonderful way to spend a summer night at TSA. Last night, Carolyn and I traveled to the Ocean County, NJ Citadel Corps for just an event. CSM (Colonel) Henry Gariepy had the matter well in hand and full of people. They had to set up extra tables and chairs.

Without mentioning the names of the impressive cast of attenders, just know that it was a blessed event with great food and encouraging fellowship. I would suggest that more corps or ARC Centers give it a try. You could visit them or do your own.

In the area of coming attractions, they have two more of these scheduled this summer: Tuesday, July 26th with Majors Ed & Flo Forster and Tuesday, August 9 with Majors Norman & Lois Garcia. The advertisement I read also said,"Enjoy Jimmy's famous BBQ." The Bible wasn't grilled, but the ribs were. It was good last night.

I'm glad I was there.

"And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." Luke 22:19 (NIV)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

You're absolutely right. Note the next two..

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home