Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Camp Staff

Now this is a great idea...camp staff. Where in the world could you have a great summer, with best friends, away from home, free food, outdoors in a holy environment? This is it!

We visited Camp Ladore last week and enjoyed vespers. The place rocked with the Spirit of God. We were refreshed and encouraged.

The comment yesterday from Allison at Star Lake reveals much of the same. She's having a blast.

If we took a census throughout the territory, and probably throughout TSA world, camp staff are having the time of their life, serving Christ in a friendly and spiritually enriching environment. Good for them. Good for the Kingdom of God.

Exodus 4:17 (NIV)
"But take this staff in your hand so you can perform miraculous signs with it."

Exodus 4:20 (NIV)
"So Moses took his wife and sons, put them on a donkey and started back to Egypt. And he took the staff of God in his hand."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After my two weeks of vacation I arrived for my first appointment in my officership. I unloaded the truck and then proceeded to repack to spend a week at camp. I had the amazing privledge of spending my first "working" week of officership at Camp with 183 of the kids from my corps and service unit. It was an amazing time to get to know them in a totally different enviroment than had they met me at the corps and been introduced to "the new Captain." Throughout the week I was reminded of the highs of camp experiences, and also some of the not so great times- and yet through it all I was reminded how my own life had been shaped so much by camping experiences. I first met Christ as a 7 year old at camp.. and it seems that other important points in my life seem to have camp involved somehow. My last night before we left I felt compelled to give a testimony/devotional thought to the staff during Sunday night Vespers. I reminded them how incredibly important they are to the lives of the campers in thier care. I said that there will be highs and lows, but that the one thing that should be remembered above all is that these campers need to be loved by the staff so they can feel the love of God. Camp staff have such am amazing responsiblity to the children and to God- often they don't realize the effect they have until years later. I have talked about camp expereinces a lot recently, and I remember your wife wrote an article about camping, and I continue to pray for the various camp staffs here in our own territory as well as the country- prayers of strength, sufficiency, courage, understanding, and the ability to show Godly love.
~Karen~
PS: Sorry for the incredibly long comment.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Thanks, SACaptain. Your comments are welcomed and very appropriate.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home