Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Smoking

It takes a lot to stop smoking once you've started. It takes little effort to not smoke if you've never started.

Every day I watch television, I see commercials about the dangers of smoking and in particular second-hand smoke. I'm sure that if my brother-in-law's father had understood what was happening, he would never had smoked in Al's presence. Al's lung cancer was confirmed to have come from second-hand smoke. The commercial states that 53,000 people die each year from this. It doesn't take an arithmatician to compute that over 1,000 real people die each week from this.

So would you please not smoke in the first place, and if you are so addicted (all smokers are addicted), would you please stop for the sake of those around you?

God cares about you and your good health. Please...for God's sake...

Did I mention that Al's dad died early from smoking-induced lung cancer?

"For we are the temple of the living God." 2 Cor 6:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home