Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, July 18, 2005

Vacation

Yes! Vacation starts later this week. This is a marvelous invention. (Don't get excited, thieves, three other people live in our house and they will be home, as usual.)

The truth is that the professionals who work with me need a break from me. In a way, it turns out to be a well deserved break for all of us. The work will continue and people may even continue to receive e-mail and the like from me. Our systems are intended to continue the ministry, no matter who is out of town.

God certainly continues to pour His grace upon us wherever we are. Our corps officer called it "God's careless love." It sounds like an oxymoron, but I think you understand his point about God's unconditional love. He spreads it like the farmer caring not if the seed only falls on receptive ground. I'm glad He doesn't take vacation, but I will.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

Hey! Thank You SOOOOo much for giving me that awesome necklace! That was soo nice, It made my day! Well I'm being timed so I have to get off! THanks again
Much love, God Bless,
Allison

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

You're kind to write. As you wear the necklace, take a moment to pray for God's work in Africa. It's amazing there.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home